The OBV Bus tour is on the move in the following places
- Saturday 28 March- Southwark (Southwark Peckham Market Square, SE15 5JR,next to Peckham Library)
- Wednesday 1 April – Hammersmith and Fulham (Hammersmith Academy, 25 Cathnor Road, London W12 9JD)
- Tuesday 7 April – Nottingham (Old Market Square, 2 Beast Market Hill, Nottingham NG1 6FB)
- Wednesday 8 April – Nottingham
Location 1: Asda Car Park, Hyson Green, Radford Road, Nottingham NG7 5FP. Location 2: St Ann’s Valley Centre, 2 Livingstone Road, St Ann’s, Nottingham NG3 3GG – Please note this is a new road just off St Ann’s Well Road.
OBV roadshows and empowerment events reach out to communities and include those who feel that politics is not for them.
We aim to increase voter registration figures among BME communities at each election, to make sure that the voice of the masses ring clear and loud to the democratic institutions.
By using the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King, we believe we can change the future of our democratic institutions so to reflect the society it serves.
Please refer to the OBV website www.obv.org.uk for the location of the OBV eXpress bus on each date which will be open for people to register to vote online.
For your information – the OBV Bus has already visited the following sites:
- Wednesday 11 March – Liverpool (Outside John Lewis, Liverpool One Shopping Centre, 70 Paradise Street, Liverpool L1 3EU)
- Thursday 12 March – Wolverhampton – (QS1, Queen Square, Wolverhampton WV1 1TH)
- Friday 13 March – Fuse ODG Concert (Tooting & Mitcham Football Club, The Hub, Imperial Fields, Bishopsford Road, SM4 6BF)
- Saturday 14 March – National Church Leaders Forum (Transformation House, 58 St John’s Hill,Clapham, London SW11 2AA)
- Tuesday 17 March – Manchester (Outside University Place on Oxford Road, Manchester ME13 9PL)
- Wednesday 18 March – Lewisham, (Lewisham Shopping Centre, SE13 7HB)
- Thursday 19 March – Croydon
0930-1100 – Market Square, Purley
1130-1300 – Outside Croydon College (on the street)
1400-1530 – Thornton Heath High Street
1600-1730 – North End (near former Allders site)