Dear Leaders and Friends
We send you our warmest season’s greetings for all your support throughout 2022. We thank
you personally for all your help and continuous support as we take the next step towards work
on publishing the second Black Church Political Manifesto in 2023.
In 2022 the NCLF kept up its role of being a strategic voice of the Black Church in the United
Kingdom. For this, we are grateful to the Black Church leaders who have helped us to achieve so
much throughout the year:
Following are some of the ways in which NCLF supported the Black Church community during
- Organised online roadshow which focused on Criminal Justice and Prison Reform.
- Made our voice heard regarding national socio-political issues, including calling upon the
relevant authorities to take all immediate necessary actions to address the matter of
justice for Child Q. Similarly, representatives of NCLF and other organisations met key
members of the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) in the light of the MPS disturbing
interaction with a 14-year-old Black boy.
- Kept our churches informed of developments within the churches through the quarterly
- Mobilised our people to be well-informed and involved in the Conservative Party
leadership hustings through the outreach video captioned ‘Choosing the next UK Prime
- Organised a broad-based consultation process to get inputs from our churches and
representatives towards the revision of the Black Church Political Manifesto.
- Maintained the NCLF website with relevant information for our constituency:
NCLF Plans for 2023
To better serve the Black Church constituency in 2023, we plan to:
- Be a prophetic, coherent, and representative voice of Black Churches in the public
sphere, to ensure that the interests of our constituency are always recognised and
considered when government departments formulate policies and make decisions.
- Launch the revised, updated, and expanded edition of the Black Church Political
Manifesto planned for the second quarter of 2023.
- Organise Roadshows online and at different towns and cities to educate and mobilise
our constituency about practical ways of actualising the issues contained in the
- Share NCLF’s strategies on how we can work in partnership to raise the political profile
of the Black Churches in the UK.
Thank you for your ongoing support and special thanks to those who have contributed to the
work of NCLF financially and in kind. May peace and love be with each of you as we look forward
to embarking on a new year of great hope and togetherness through 2023.
Please would you consider supporting NCLF during this festive season, our Bank details are
Barclays Bank – NCLF Sort Code 20-41-50 Account No. 93151476
it’s a privilege to serve.
<strong>Ade Omooba MBE</strong>
Chair, Board of Directors
National Church Leaders Forum